Past posts:

Previous blog posts from last year can be found.... HERE.

Thursday, June 6, 2013

What I would say to a room filled with friends and family!


Despite having an incurable, progressive disease…I wouldn't trade places with anyone, thanks mainly to their love and support! I could list things I’ve lost since acquiring this insidious disease, but not a single one comes to mind! The list of things I’ve gained is greater.  I’ve learned to live in the moment, be happy and not worry about what tomorrow will bring. Something I didn't always do! I’d thank everyone in my life for treating me as they always did.  I’m still the punky little sister who loves to tease and make people laugh.  I’ve been given the gift of time-“time” to be available for my kids, neighbors, family and friends.  Even though I’m teased for being on the go, I’m busy living the life I’ve always wanted… A day filled with longer lunches, longer hours at the gym, longer naps at acupuncture and the time to sit and appreciate the pretty day and think about how lucky I am!

“Thank you for being in my life” is what I would say to my friends and family, “thank you from the bottom of my heart, I love you all…… “

Walking my girlfriends dog on Dennis Beach, Cape Cod

 Sandi Macleod 6/6/13


No comments :

Post a Comment