Past posts:

Previous blog posts from last year can be found.... HERE.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Coming to a close!



Our mission will soon end,  but more on that later.....

Our theme for the last 5 years was "OPTIMISM CAN TAKE YOU ANYWHERE!"  My way of demonstrating the power of positive outlook in fighting any chronic illness, in my case it's Parkinsons. I never thought that mission would take me this far.  As you read I have begun the trek from the Exumas, an island chain made up of hundreds of tiny islands which begin south of Nausau and stretch150 miles. You don't realize how far South you have traveled until you have to turn around. How far are we from home right now? If we were able to drive back to RI in a straight line it would be 1362 miles.  But we can't drive in a straight line as we have to somewhat follow the coast, so it will be about a 2000 mile ride home - give or take. Now that will call for a party!!!  

This cruise was the number one thing on my bucket Liston and it is now checked off in spite of PD.  What's next, I don't know.  But I constantly remind myself:
SOMEDAY IS NOT A DAY OF THE WEEK.  IF THERE IS SOMETHING YOU WANT TO DO THEN GET TO IT, YOU'RE GONNA BE DEAD A LONG TIME!

Be Well,
Bob


There were actual swimming wild pigs!

Picture perfect!



Clearest water I've ever seen!

No comments :

Post a Comment