Past posts:

Previous blog posts from last year can be found.... HERE.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Parkinson's Disease Hockey Invitational


This is a Guest Blog written on behalf of Bob Preston...

Like hockey? Have PD? Then this blog is for you!

One aspect I love about the game of hockey is the constant movement. Whether you are holding the puck or waiting for a pass, you are always involved. Mentally, you don't have time to think about anything else.

Despite having my little setback, I decided to build an indoor roller/street hockey rink in my backyard. Once a week I get together with some old and new friends and we skate until we drop. I have a saying - check your problems at the door, have a lot of fun, and if you like, you can pick your problems right back up after you are through playing.

I recently had lunch with Bob Preston and was telling him a story about one of our games. Suddenly he looked up at me with a Santa sort of twinkle in his eye. He asked me if we ever play on shoes. I sensed that there might be more to his question so I replied “have you ever played”? Of course now the mighty Captain is grinning ear to ear and responds “I wouldn't be able to skate but I could certainly play in my sneakers”.

Edward Dias

Editor's Note.  Don't let PD stop you from trying something you love.  Adapt!
BP

No comments :

Post a Comment